Dying lions from Nineveh.
joan of arc - john everett millais
Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Colonel Aureliano Buendia was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.
|—||Gabriel García Márquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude|
I’m going to remember you as beautiful as you are right now.
Boardwalk Empire alphabet meme
C: Capones featuring Nelson
A man tells his stories so many times that he becomes the stories. They live on after him, and in that way he becomes immortal.
|—||Will Bloom, Big FIsh (via ichigo-dream)|
Ammit (part 1 of Egyptian Mythology series)
- Her name means “devourer of the dead” or “soul eater”
- She was not a god, but instead a demon, made up of the head of a crocodile, the body of a lion, and the rear of a hippo
- She lived near the scales of Maat in Duat (Egyptian underworld)
- If your heart (soul) weighed more than a feather (judged to be impure), your heart was devoured by Ammit, and your soul was left to wander forever.
- This devouring was considered a “second death”
- As such, Ammit was feared and never worshiped